Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 3: Reading while Thinking!

Week 3 started getting into our curriculum so I had less time to snap photos. But here are two fun activities we did this week.

1) We introduced Spelling-Word Work games.  The kids roll the dice and each number has a specific task that the whole table must complete.
 1) Write a sentence with that word.
 2) Draw a picture of your word.
 3) Write a synonym for your word.
 4) Write an antonym for your word.
5) Write the definition of your word.
6) Write the word three times.

The kids seemed to have a fun time with our big dice and spelling words!  (The spelling test grades were good, too! Just saying) :)

2) The other activity we introduced this week has to do with our 
READING IS THINKING unit!
To begin our lesson we used our THINKING BUBBLE to share our thoughts while we read aloud various books for the week.
Brandon 
Jayla 
Nicole 
Merrick
Two of the books we used for our READING IS THINKING bubble...

My week ended on a positive note!  One of my old third graders/Spanish student and dance partners from the Talent Show brought me a special morning treat!  I miss her so much but I just love seeing all my old students in the morning!!  Thank you, Em!  Talk about Rule 5: Keep Your Dear Teacher Happy! :)

Week 4 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment