Sunday, September 9, 2012

WBT Class Rules and Class/Yes!



My class showing off our class rules!


My class and Mrs. Spelock's both are Whole Brain Teaching classroom.  The first thing we are focusing on are the 5 rules:
1-Follow Directions Quickly
2-Raise Your Hands for Permission to Speak
3-Raise Your Hands for Permission to Leave Your Seat
4-Make Smart Choices
5-Make Your Dear Teacher Happy

The rules come along with kinesthetic, hand movements which help stimulate our brains.  Mrs. Spelock's video showing the class rules won't load...silly technology but I'd like to introduce next, the Class/Yes.  It's very important to our classroom and we are loving how fun it is to get the kids' attention very easily.

Mrs. Spelock's class showing off the Class/Yes!

The next step in a WBT classroom is the attention getter.  Whenever I want the class's attention I say, "Class" and they respond, "Yes."  But the fun comes in the tone/style of saying "Class".  The class must mimic in whichever way I saw, "Class."  You can see Mrs. Spelock's class enjoying the fun of Whole Brain Teaching's attention getter.

If you have any questions about WBT please check out the website address or contact me at brandy.alexander@cfisd.net and I'll be happy help!

No comments:

Post a Comment