Saturday, August 25, 2012

Welcome Third Graders!!!

Welcome back to school everyone!  And welcome to our class website!  Here you'll find homework resources, pictures of our activities and updates about the class.  I will be attempting to post videos of what we're learning as well, but that will be after I get permission from you, the parents.

You may want to BOOKMARK this site and check back in.  There will be fun incentives for commenting on our posts, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, let me show you a bit of our classroom to those who couldn't make it to Meet the Teacher.
 
The most noticeable part of our classroom is the extensive, organized library. I love to collect books and have them in various bins based on author, genre and series.  This is our series/author section with some Dr. Seuss characters on top.  The book bins line the entire left wall of our room.  
The back of our classroom hold our student computers and our travel theme. Each of the planes and globes have a student's name.  Miss McMeekin and I made the "Where learning takes flight!" posters.  
Our calendar is at the front of the room on our white board.
                                      
My area is at the back corner of our room behind the filing cabinet that I decorated thanks to ideas from Pinterest.  Pink is my favorite color and I'm a HUGE Longhorns fan!

And the end of our tour is at the left front of our room, on the white board.  This will be our schedule area where we keep track of all the important things going on with assignments and important dates.  These will be copied in the Time Tracker.  The desk you see will be where I'll work with each student in our small group.

All parents are welcome in the classroom to observe at anytime!  Just make sure to email me to set up a time.  

Welcome to Alexander Airways!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment